SAM PAONESSA O.C.A., O.S.A.
Sam Paonessa has been painting professionally for over 30 years. He is a founding member of Plein Air Canada and became a member of the Ontario Society of Artists in 2009. Inspiration for his landscapes comes from placeslike Georgian Bay, Killarney, Algonquin Provincial Park, Québec, Maine and Italy to name a few. For the past number of years he has been sharing his talent by conducting demonstrations and teaching oil painting workshops in the GTA. His works have gained the attention of fine art collectors, both corporate and private across North America and Europe. His work is included in the permanent collection of The Robert McLaughlin Gallery in Oshawa , and the Centro d’arte e Cultura in Roccamorice, Pescara, Italy. The artist has shown in numerous group shows including the Frederick Varley Art Gallery, The Riverbrink Museum, Queenston and the Columbus Centre in Toronto. As well as a solo show at The Niagara Pumphouse in Niagara-on-the Lake.
- Quick Draw, Honourable mention, 2004, Plein Air Canada
- Quick Draw, Honourable mention, 2005, International Plein Air Painters Annual Paint Out
- Quick Draw 2nd prize, 2006, International Plein Air Painters Annual Paint Out
- Quick Draw 1st prize, 2007, International Plein Air Painters Annual Paint Out
- Inducted into the Ontario Society of Artists, 2009
- Painting purchase by Centro d’Arte e Cultura , Roccamorice, Pescara, Italy
- Finalist in Canadian Brushstroke Magazine, Landscape Competition in 2011
- Artwork featured in Magazin Art in the Winter issue 2011/12 no. 94
- Magazin Art Biennial Guide 2011